Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cardi-HO!


Welcome to my Mon/Wed/Fri routine! I drop Kenna off at preschool and head on over to the Y for a couple of hours. I used to do cardio and lift weights but I have become more and more discouraged about the weights recently. I don't know if it's the smell in the weight room or the fact that I have to stand around waiting for machine that are in use, which throws off my groove. I think it's a combination of the two. I still do my cardio three times a week and that's what you are witness to in the above video. This is an example of a typical cardio workout for me. In this particular one I ran on the eliptical machine for 1 hour with a 5 minute cool down period, finishing just under 5 miles and burning more than 900 calores. Yay me!

I just hope all this time isn't wasted on my weighted waist. I have lost 10 pounds since I started in September. Fitness, here I come!

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

Awesome Patrick!! 5 miles in one hour is amazing--you are about ready to run a 10K! Keep it up!