Saturday, September 20, 2008

It's fun to stay at the...

It's true. I've finally joined up!
Mckenna started preschool a couple of weeks ago and her school just happens to be close to the Y. I figured I could spend the two hours trolling around stores in the area, go back home, or take the advice of my wife and work out at a gym nearby. And so I find myself in sweats and a t-shirt signing up at my YMCA on Friday. Forty five minutes later, complete drenched in sweat, I hobble off the elliptical machine I just abused (or was it the other way round) and realize that I should have stretched FIRST before starting my workout. Silly me. Live and learn. I now have a plan to work out during the time that Kenna is at preschool, which is Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9 AM to 11:30 AM. At the Y there is this room where all the equipment and machines are all hooked up to a central computer that keeps track of your exercising. You can set goals and monitor your progress. Plus you get to win t-shirts with every achievement level you progress to. I'm hoping that the t-shirts I win will get smaller with each level. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

justaqt said...

Good Luck!!

Zanne said...

YAY! I started working out a little over a year ago when I got free admission to the city rec center as a teacher. Did I lose weight, not really, but I felt better overall. Since I started teaching full time this Fall, I haven't been able to find the time, and I really miss it! So, good luck! Here's hoping you start to like it enough to miss it if you don't do it. The computer tracking system sounds really cool.